Blair. Nikki. Crew

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Addiction is a dirty thing...


"My name is Nikki Goldade, and I've been a Twilight series addict for one month. I'm fully admitting now that I am in fact, totally and completely hooked on this drug I like to call 'EDWARD'...Thank you".

When my mom first told me about these books last fall that she was reading I was like "Really Mom....Vampire books....get real!" She talked me into reading them and now I can't put them down. I'm a little concerned as to what it may be doing to our marriage. Blair always asks me to put the book down so we can do something or just talk...my reply is always the same..."One more chapter". But then I get to the end of that chapter and I just HAVE to read the next one. Blair is also getting tired of hearing "Edward would never do that...Edward would never say that...Edward is AMAZING...I think I'm falling in love with Edward, are you going to have a problem with that?"

New Moon was also amazing, although I will say that I enjoyed Twilight a little more (probably because there was more Edward in Twilight). I'm half way through Eclipse and anxiously awaiting the release of Breaking Dawn. But before that date in August I think I may have to read them again....and let's not dwell on the fact that I've watched the movie trailier on YouTube about a MILLION times (roughly estimated).

Thanks mom for the great book suggestion....but this has gotten completely out of hand....you've created a MONSTER!

6 comments:

Hewards said...

Totally with you on those books Nik. I had to laugh out loud about how you use Edward lines on your husband. I've learned to not even say the name around Tyler cuz he HATES HEARING ABOUT HIM! I think I read each book in about three days AWSOME!!

Korbi said...

it's about time!

Anonymous said...

I read them during Christmas time on the plane! Definetely addicting! While your waiting for the next book, you should try reading "The Host" It's good too! Love ya!

Jayson & Carrie said...

I finished New Moon so I'm starting the third....... who knew I would wish for a secret Vampire Boyfriend?? I hope the movie does him justice to what I think he looks like! :)

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

I LOVE those books!! They are SO good! See my Breaking Dawn widget on my blog...so excited for book 4!

The Jones Family said...

I have to admit I thought they wouldn't be very good, afterall I usually only read churchy love stories/mysteries...and I have NEVER been one for vampires/monsters/star wars...you name they really aren't up my alley. But my mother-in-law read them and I thought well it can't be that bad. So now my thoughts are do I buy the next book, that I can't wait to come out in August, or do I really have the patients to wait my turn in line to borrow it from my mother-in-law! It will be interesting what comes up next in the final? book.
Ainslie