Blair. Nikki. Crew

Monday, July 6, 2009

Shelly's Baby Shower

On June 27th I had a baby shower for my sis-in-law Shelly. It was super duper fun and turned out pretty cute. I have such a great time party planning I should probably do it for a living...although around here I'm not sure anyone could make a living on being a party planner!



I had everyone write a note to Shelly with some advice or just a little love note! After writing a note they put it in the can and Shelly got to take that with her. It was really cute to see what some of her friends wrote to her.



This was the food table and I really messed up....I didn't get a picture once the food was out! Bummer....Can you tell I have an obsession for cake plates? I've just figured out how to make my own so I can get what I really want and it's MUCH cheaper than just buying a regular cake plate at the store. The problem with this is now my shelves in the pantry are being taken over with cake plates of every size, shape and color!!



This was one of the tables. Check out the party favors on the plates. They were my favorite...boxes with flower magnets and chocolate hugs and kisses! There wasn't really a theme but I decided to be a rebel and not to blue. We did red, black and white with zebra print stuff. I've been on a zebra kick lately so I had lots of stuff to use!


We had the shower in my backyard which was great for getting it finished! We've just had a garden area, dog kennel and a whole lotta dirt for the last couple years. We had plans for a patio and yard but it just wasn't quite getting done. Well, I let Blair know he had a deadline this summer and it had to be done so we could have a party in the backyard! Thank heavens for the party because the yard is now complete! (Although I do still need to pick up some patio furniture!)



The guest of honor! She made a haul on cute baby stuff! He'll be the best dressed kid in town! P.S. They are having a baby boy!



This is the diaper cake I made for her. I had Blair help me roll and tie diapers while watching a movie...he's such a good helper (aside from the complaining!) The bistro was used for the gift table and was full by then time everyone got there!

Thanks to Martha Stewart I made some pom-poms to hang in the trees! They were really cute and were the icing on the cake!

I have to give a big thanks to my very good friend Ashlee at Real Deals here in Pocatello. If you live here and haven't been there yet you need to go...it's home decor store that's to much fun! She helped me with the center pieces for the tables and she is amazing! Thanks Ash for all your help...I couldn't have done it without your help!

3 comments:

Lusks in LOVE said...

Girl!!! You are dazzling! I wish I could have seen it in person:) You going to IP this weekend? I think we may head up...call me and we'll plan a quick bbq.
Love ya!
hai

Tara said...

you always do such a great job hosting parties!! youre so creative if i had half the atlent of you id be martha stewart!! haha hope to see you around soon!!

sarefamily said...

SO CUTE!!!! Wish we were closer together- we could throw some mean parties, but I guess it's good because we might put our husbands into a debt they can't get out of!!!!