Blair. Nikki. Crew

Friday, February 15, 2008

Enrichment Night Success!!


Well for any of you out there that have served as an enrichment leader...I'm sure you can feel my pain! I was given the task of planning an activity for the month of February...and this is what we got! I came up with this little plan of making a Date Night Kit. And I owe all my inspiration to the mini Martinellie bottle. I saw it months ago and couldn't get over how freakin' cute it was...so the mini bottle then started the craze! Normally for enrichment I plan for about 15 to 20 girls,so I'm thinking "No big deal...we can pull these date kits off no problem." Needless to say....we had a few more this time. I actually put together 60 kits! Let me tell you from experience...thats A LOT! Each kit included a mini sparkling cider bottle, 2 plastic champagne glasses, 5 tea light candles, 2 scratch love notes, a pack of gum, a pack of mints, a card, a blindfold, love cuffs, a bag of popcorn, a bag of bubble bath and a coupon book (that I made myself!). When I gave this to Blair for Valentine's it had a few other things in there I added when I got home...we won't share such things here! We decorated gallon size paint cans (thanks Blair for getting me such a great deal with your hookup at the paint store!) with scrapbook paper, ribbons, stickers, buttons, rhinestones, etc. It was a lot of work....but it really was a great success and we had a great turnout. I'm pretty sure when we go to church on Sunday there will be a lot of men with big grins on their face thanking me for such a great activity...that they also benefited from i'm sure! I'm now overflowing with enrichment stuff so if any of you out there need some ideas just let me know and I'd love to impart my knowledge of homemaking upon you!!

6 comments:

Hewards said...

Pass on the ideas to me Nik holy cow the date night kit looks like such a CUTE IDEA! By the way I LOVE YOU and miss you sorry we keep missing each other in Burley! G

Alisha Wilkins said...

Nikki!
I just saw your link off of Garianne's blog! I see you found my blog...you should have left a comment so I would have found you sooner! :)
The packages you made are so incredibly cute! That is a TON of work! That is one calling I don't think I really want! :)

Hope things are going well for you, plan on me checking your blog out!
Luvs!

RAMSEYS said...

Nik Those are soooo cute!!!!

The Jones Family said...

I wish i had heard from you sooner. what I cute idea. I think i will add it to my list for the future ideas. Cute! It was great to hear from you! Ainslie

Jason & Makenna said...

That is one calling I hope I don't get again in the near future! It definately takes a lot of work. Very cute kits. I'm sure you are totally excited to be done with school. The one disappointing thing about graduation (Jason pointed this out to me just before his graduation) is no summer and Christmas break anymore. :) I am so jealous to see all the snow! Our winter has been so mild....usually 60 to 80. Normal I suppose when you leave on the ocean in the south. Anyway, good to hear from you. Hard to believe it has been 8 years since we all left BHS!

Tara said...

hey nik i miss you so much!! you are always so clever. i miss your craftyness. tara