Blair. Nikki. Crew

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Poison

WOW....you gotta love it when a band from the 80's can still make you rock 20 years later! We had a totally RAD night taking in the Poison concert this year at the Eastern Idaho State Fair. Bret Michaels, C.C. Deville, Rikki Rockett and Bobby Dall put on quite the show. I immediately wanted to rush home and play Guitar Hero after watching CC at the strings, and he truley helped coin the phrase "hair band"...he had the best hair of any rockstar ever! Many of you know that I was, in fact, raised on a steady dose of Guns N' Roses, Lynard Skynard, Bon Jovi and Poison, just to name a few. So I was overjoyed at the thought of getting to see Poison live. Plus, although somewhat embarrassing to admit, I'm a HUGE Rock of Love with Bret Michaels fan. And you're all in luck...season 3 starts in January. Yes, you heard me...you can get your fill of white trash, rocker chicks in just a few short months! Once I passed along the exciting news to dad, he for sure was in for a night of rock...mom came too, although she was not as thrilled. She did get a kick out of how old those guys looked...cocaine doesn't seem to age a person real well. But with lots of makeup, heavy on the eyeliner, they can put up a front! Chad & Jenna also came and while I think they enjoyed themselves, I don't think they fully appreciated the coolness of this moment. Garrett and Shelly also got in on the action with us and had a great time. I will admit, the next day I felt like my ears were bleeding...they ached to bad! Talk about feeling like your getting old. I vowed to never attend another concert unless I had a get set of ear plugs!



I just couldn't keep my butt in my seat...especially during Unskinny Bop...but then again who can?