Blair. Nikki. Crew

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another FAB Retreat & Oh, yeah...opening day for hunting season...yipee!?

It was time again for the scrapbooking retreat at Red Moose Lodge in Eden, UT. This time Hailey, Andrea, McKenzie and I headed out with a suburban packed with totes of scrapin' stuff. But the trip wouldn't be complete without some shopping! We left Friday morning so we'd have plenty of time to shop before heading to the lodge. Let's just say by the time all the shopping was complete on Saturday, you couldn't see out the back of the burb!! We crammed the back of that vehicle over every square inch! It was so much fun...

Here's our table as we're getting started...it didn't stay this orderly for even a second. We got tons of projects done...along with lots of eating and talking!! We only made it to 12:30 am before our brains were dead and we couldn't think anymore.

Here's Hailey showing a bit of her mad skills. This girl can whip out cards like nothing else.

We decided to dine at the Mayan after we left the retreat on Saturday. Hailey hadn't ever been so we had to give her the experience. It was actually better food this time than the last time I was there, and you gotta love the divers!

The retreat was awesome...but I must admit...the highlight of this trip is that I got to go to IKEA for the first time! It was crazy fun...I wanna go again ASAP! I loved it.

It worked out great that the retreat fell on that weekend because Blair spent his weekend hunting (of course) since it was opening season. He didn't get anything which means...I continue to be a "hunting widow" until the end of the season or until he gets one. He said "Well, I saw a lot of 2 points...but I'm waiting for a monster!" I say "Just shoot the 2 point and let's be done!"...until bear season anyway! I almost wonder if he doesn't shoot one the first day on purpose so he can keep going? I think these boys have figured that out. He did get snowed on though...thanks to the snowmobile trailer (sleeping quarters) and a wood stove they stayed warm, while at camp at least.

5 comments:

stina said...

That looks like so much fun! i havent been to IKEA yet either but i heard its fantastic i deffinatley have to go next time i go to Utah! You will have to bring some of the stuff you made into work so i can see!

ajwilkins said...

My sister said when she tried using one of my grab buttons it was just a white box with an 'X'. Is that what you have?!?! But when I looked at her blog it was there and it linked over to my site.

Jami Heward said...

You look like you just have so much fun! Scrap book junky! haha jk As of an quick update. I'm living in Logan Utah. I did my internship here for my business degree and they offered me a job so here I stay. lol It's fun lifes good...just on the man hunt! (wink wink) I'm so glad we could be friends again! haha How have you been!? You're in Poky right?

Tara said...

so you need to get me motivated poor race has no scrapbooking done for him. macee only has up to a year arg!!! and i have one that i'm supposed to be working on for my friends little boy that passed away!!

RAMSEYS said...

Hey I tagged you its a fun one!!!