Blair. Nikki. Crew

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

To good to be true!!

At our house Friday nights are TACO nights. It's just something my mom always did when we were growing up (probably cause they were quick and everyone was so busy!)...so I made that a tradition in our home too. And lately, I've been craving chicken tacos like crazy. So TACO nights have gone from Fridays to whatever night I can do them! They are so good! Wow...just looking at these pictures makes me want one NOW!! They're quick and easy so it makes it nice for evenings when I get home from work and haven't planned anything for dinner.


Step #1: I usually fry some chicken in olive oil and just season with salt and pepper. Then, fry up some corn tortillas and smear with sour cream. Load up with chicken (shredded).


Step #2: Smother with Herdez Verde sauce (green salsa, but the Herdez brand is best!)...the layer with some shredded cheese.


Step #3: Squeeze fresh limes (usually one slice with do a couple tacos) and top it off with lettuce and tomatoes (except I don't like tomatoes, I leave those off!)...and EAT!!

I can usually out eat Blair on Taco nights....I love them that much!! They are by far and away my favorite food!! If you give em' a try, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Sounds delicious! I have to admit I don't think I have ever had a chicken taco...just the beef ones. I have been leary of the chicken ones. Anyway maybe I will give them a try. We eat tacos about once a week too! Maybe I should have you and Blair over for dinner and you can help me cook up some chicken tacos :D Let me know if you are game!

Alisha Wilkins said...

Those look delish!

Yes, I DO get my fabric from Gathering place. I can get myself into some serious trouble because there are soooooo many cute prints in there and I have to have them ALL!

Would love to teach you to sew, come on over..... :)