Blair. Nikki. Crew

Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

On Sunday we spent the evening with Garrett and Shelly carving pumpkins. It was so much fun...although I don't remember it being so hard! It must have been because when I was little after getting our fill of playing with the pumpkin guts, mom and dad took care of the cleaning. We had lots of laughs and ended with tons of pumpkin seeds to cook up.

This is mine...I'm so artistic!

Just a little shot of Blair's and mine out on the step that night. It's been lots of years since I've done this and I forget how fun it is to light them up at nights!

Posing with my masterpiece! I'm so proud!

WOW...the resemblance is uncanny. It's amazing how accurate he got that!


Just a pic of our front step. Thanks mom and dad for the super cute tiny straw bales and the pumpkins from the garden.

And just a little kiss goodnight. I was somewhat worried that some evil little devil may come by and steal them and horrifically smash them in the road...but so far my little pumpky is safe and sound. I remember one Halloween when I worked to hard to paint a pumpkin (it even had yarn for hair) and some super mean kids came and smashed it in the road...right in front of me! The tears immediately started pouring and my dad immediately started to scream and them and chase them down the street. It couldn't have been a pretty sight when he caught them! Thanks dad...for not letting my pumpkin die in vain!




2 comments:

RAMSEYS said...

You are so funny!!! Your pumpkins look so good. your so creative

Anonymous said...

Carving pumpkins is so much fun! This year we missed out. Blairs picture is hilarious! Dave told me to tell Blair that he has a great set of pealy whites!